Scribblings From the Desert

I am a published author and produced screenwriter living in Rancho Mirage, California with my wife, Beth, and two dogs, Crystal and Misty. I have spent most of my life in and around the Hollywood Motion Picture Business.

Name:
Location: Rancho Mirage, California, United States

Friday, March 20, 2009




The week previous to March 9th, I noticed some swelling in my right foot. Called my kidney doctor (Stone) and he said to get a blood test right away. Swelling can be a symptom of something gone wrong with my transplant. He got results by Friday and knew it wasn't kidney related. He set me up for a sonogram on my right leg the following Tuesday; and during the process a small blood clot was found in my upper leg. I entered the hospital (Eisenhower) almost immediately and was put on a Heparin drip IV. Spent my time watching TV and talking on phone, with intermittent visits from my great and loving wife, on a day by day basis, while the Heparin was being ingested. Somewhere during that period I began taking Coumadin. The idea is to thin my blood enough that the clot will dissolve itself. I was released on Monday. Back to my full routine on Tuesday. While I was out, my computer came down with a virus and it a couple of days to fix it. Now we're back in action and up to full strength. Good to be back!
Steve