Scribblings From the Desert

I am a published author and produced screenwriter living in Rancho Mirage, California with my wife, Beth, and two dogs, Crystal and Misty. I have spent most of my life in and around the Hollywood Motion Picture Business.

Name:
Location: Rancho Mirage, California, United States

Saturday, May 05, 2007

Grocery shop after meeting then home and get ready (change into my Western garb) to go to Oak Glen for the "Old Ways Days" Celebration in which I'm participating as a member of Western Writers of America by doing a book signing both today, and tomorrow. Drive up with Beth and arrive about 10:30 - and boy what a change in the weather. I wore shorts to the meeting this morning; up in Oak Glen (and it is up), it was cold and windy. I took along my goose down vest and even with that it was cold. Poor Beth - all she brought long was a light sweater. She was almost chattering, even when she was sitting under a gas heater. She finally went to the car and found a blanket we keep rolled up in there and the rest of the day she was fine. Our lunch was comped: pulled pork for me, chicken salad sand for her, plus Cowboy beans. Major Mitchell, another WWA writer was with me, as was David F. Matuszak who has compiled a wonderful book called, "The Cowboy Trail Guide to Westerns" - I bought one. We left at four and it took an hour to get home. Both of us checked mail and e-mail. I called Ed Mohler, she talked to her brother. Now, I suppose, we'll have something to eat then watch a recorded show on TV. Later ~
,