Scribblings From the Desert

I am a published author and produced screenwriter living in Rancho Mirage, California with my wife, Beth, and two dogs, Crystal and Misty. I have spent most of my life in and around the Hollywood Motion Picture Business.

Name:
Location: Rancho Mirage, California, United States

Sunday, April 29, 2007

Saturday, April 28, 2007

Today was the annual "Open Call" amateur talent show at the McCallum Theater in Palm Desert. This has been a yearly event for us since its inception quite a few years ago. A bunch of us from the morning meeting go together, sit in the same row, and have a really good time watching those talented folks who perform every year. We pool our money and Harry Baddely goes down to the box office and buys the tickets way in advance which guarantees us very good seats. I think we had around 14 or 15 people yesterday. Afterwards, Beth and I picked up a pizza and brought it home. TV after that - a CSI Vegas - a really good, tongue in cheek, murder mystery surrounding the death of a has-been boxer. Beth and I have never laughed as hard at any of our favorites. Later ~