Scribblings From the Desert

I am a published author and produced screenwriter living in Rancho Mirage, California with my wife, Beth, and two dogs, Crystal and Misty. I have spent most of my life in and around the Hollywood Motion Picture Business.

Name:
Location: Rancho Mirage, California, United States

Monday, June 04, 2007

Today is the date for Beth's second hip replacement. We were up early and to hospital to check her in at 5:15 a.m. they took her into pre-op immediately. It was my job to sit and read (Jane Burnett Smith's "Hobbled Stirrups). In quick to see her before operation, then read for less than an hour when doctor in to tell me the surgery was done and she had come through beautifully. I was allowed to see her for a minute, then back to waiting room and read for two more hours. To her room on second floor and talk. Leave at noon and head home. Lunch and check e-mails. To bank for her. And several other things. Down for quick nap. Up and feed girls. They're not too sure of what is going on yet. Back to hospital and sit with her until six. Home and eat. Send shotgun e-mail re today. Call BILL white, Call George Rutter. Call her employers in Alaska. Finally call her. Now it's to bed and a good sleep, I hope. Later ~